Subject: Image Sequences
From: Steve Koren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 07:26:50 -0600

[email-masked] (Jim McCabe) writes:

> throughout the animation. I've got enough memory to hold a single image for 
> each sequence, but I'm wondering if a sequence takes more memory than a 
> single image at a time, and I'm running out of memory because of that 
> (although it doesn't crash or give any error messages). Any thoughts ? 

LW loads the frames individually, so you shouldn't need to have enough
memory for all of them at once.  But that notwithstanding, it might be
possible for previous renderings to fragment memory enough that you
can't load the next image in the sequence.

To see whether memory is your problem, try flipping back to workbench
and looking at the free RAM indication in the screen title bar, or
running "avail" from a shell prompt.  (Well, I've only ever run
3.5-standalone, so I don't know if this can be done from the toaster
version).

If you are in fact running out of RAM, try VMM from aminet.  I use it
with LW 3.5-standalone with great success.

  - steve